Modern Slavery Statement
Nationwide Energy Training Services, trading as Impact Academy, is dedicated to upholding the highest ethical standards in all aspects of our business. While we are not legally required to produce a modern slavery statement under the Modern Slavery Act 2015, we recognise the importance of transparency and accountability in addressing the issues of slavery and human trafficking.
Our organisation, Impact Academy, primarily focuses on delivering government apprenticeship programs across a broad spectrum of qualifications. As such we are not a commercial organisation with traditional supply chains. Nevertheless, we are committed to promoting ethical practices not only within our own operations but also within our sphere of influence.
Below, we outline our commitment to combating modern slavery:
- Policies in Relation to Slavery and Human Trafficking: We have established clear policies that demonstrate our zero-tolerance approach to slavery and human trafficking. These policies guide our employees and partners on the ethical standards we uphold.
- Due Diligence Processes: While our business model does not involve traditional supply chains, we conduct due diligence to ensure that our partners and suppliers comply with ethical standards and applicable laws regarding slavery and human trafficking. This is particularly important working with employers who appoint apprentices.
- Risk Assessment and Management: Although the risk of slavery and human trafficking is low within our organisation, we remain vigilant. We continually assess and manage any potential risks, taking appropriate steps to prevent such activities from occurring. This combined with our Safeguarding policies ensure we remain vigilant at all times.
- Effectiveness and Performance Indicators: We measure our effectiveness in preventing slavery and human trafficking by evaluating our due diligence processes and their impact. Although our primary focus is on education and training, we are dedicated to ensuring that our actions align with our commitment to ethical practices.
- Training and Capacity Building: We provide training and capacity building to our staff to enhance their awareness and understanding of the issues related to slavery and human trafficking. This empowers our employees to identify and report any concerns they may encounter.
While we are not legally obligated to produce a formal modern slavery statement, we emphasise our dedication to ethical business practices and our commitment to preventing slavery and human trafficking within our sphere of influence. Impact Academy will continue to strive for excellence in these areas and work collaboratively with partners and stakeholders who share our commitment to eradicating modern slavery.